24 February 2010
But there is an easy way to fight back. You can create your own powerful advertising messages that will stimulate your desire to play guitar all through the day.
One easy way to create these messages to yourself is with guitar picks. Guitar picks are great because they are inexpensive, take up little space and don't intrude too much. All you have to do is take yourself a handful of guitar picks and sprinkle them around your life so they'll be a constant reminder of your desire to play guitar.
Here are a few things I like to do with my picks that might work for you too.
1. Put them in your pockets with your change or your keys
2. Punch a hole in a pick and add it to a key ring
3. Stick a few coloured picks around the sides of your computer monitor
4. Put one in the see through pocket in your wallet next to the photo of your wife or kids
5. Stick one to the back of your mobile phone
6. Leave some in your car, in those little change pockets around the dashboard
In short, leave guitar picks in all the places you frequent during your day. Each time you see a pick you'll be reminded of your guitar, of that song or exercise you are working on and you'll get that itch to play play and practice again.
These frequent reminders will tickle your desire to play guitar throughout the day and when you get home in the evening you'll be motivated like never before. Give it a try, take a few of your guitar picks and start spreading them around your life today.
Learn acoustic guitar with 153 step by step video lessons, acoustic jam tracks, ear training and music reading software. From beginner through to advanced player with Jamorama Acoustic complete learning system.
If you enjoyed this post sign-up for more free guitar tips from Not Playing Guitar delivered by email or to your RSS reader.
Photo by matsuyuki.