- Know what you'll work on without having to look it up or think about it
- Make sure your guitar is handy at all times
- Make sure any sheet music or other materials you need are ready at all times
- Don't worry about being perfect
- Don't be complete, just do whatever fits in the five minutes
With a little organization you can be ready to exploit any five spare minutes you get to improve your guitar playing.
In my experience, a bunch of those little five minutes can add up to a lot of useful practice, practice that I wouldn't have got if I waited for more time to do it.
This is based on something Michael Martine mentioned in his post on how to write a blog post in 5 minutes.
Photo by blue2likeyou.